Must see streets with delicious Turkish street foods in Istanbul around the Historical Peninsula, Taksim Area, European and Anatolian (Asian) side.
What Kind of Experience?
– Must see streets with delicious Turkish street foods in Istanbul, around the Historical Peninsula, Taksim Area, European and Anatolian (Asian) side.
– Departure Time: 9:00 am
– Meet up your friendly guide at departure point
The Cosy Istanbul Streets & Delicious Turkish Street Foods
Istanbul, which is at the point that continents of Europe and Asia are seperated by the Bosphorus, has a long history. It is an old city, and it is known that this city was founded by the Empire Constantine the Great in the fourth century. Since then, ancient Roman Empire, Byzantine (East Roman Empire) and Ottoman Empire had ruled this great city as a capital city respectively.
Finaly, Turkish Republic has been founded in 1923.
Now, Istanbul is not the capital of new Republic of Turkey (Turkey), but it is the biggest, most development, beautiful, historic, crowded and known city of the country thanks to its long history and location settled on the two continents at the same time.
For this reason, you can see the effect and traces of this situation while wandering the streets and back alleys of the city. Narrow streets, historical houses and buildings, places where people of different religions worship will present you the rich colors of the city one after another.
In addition, Turkey is a country with many various street foods and traditional flavors. Such as simit (bagel covered in sesame seeds), turkish delight, turkish coffe and tea with their typical presentations, fresh fruit juice, pastry, turkish desserts, boiled and roasted corn, grilled chestnuts, kokorec, baked potato(kumpir); and more than we can count the name will make your trip more delicious while walking and give you the opportunity for short rests.
Please bear in mind
We kindly inform you that two of the following listed areas will be visited according to Participants’ request at the same day. In adition, the first two are in Europen, last one is in asian side of Istanbul.
Streets in the Historical Peninsula
Yedikule, Samatya, Aksaray, Laleli, Ahırkapı, Kumkapı, Kadırga, Narlıkapı, Cankurtaran, Langa, Soğukçeşme Sokağı, Gülhane.
Streets in Taksim & Galata Area
Çukurcuma, Cihangir, Cezayir Sokağı, Fransız Sokağı, Tomtom Kaptan, Fransız Yetimhanesi, Postacılar, Yeni Çarşı, Serdar-ı Ekrem, Büyük Hendek, , Boğazkesen Street, Asmalı Mescid.
Streets in Anatolian (Asian) side
Tellazade, Antikacılar Sokağı, Rıhtım, Barlar Sokağı, Moda Yeldeğirmeni Mahallesi, Kuzguncuk, Beylerbeyi, Cengelkoy, Anadolu Hisarı
- Private guide to feel the story and city like a local
- All entrance fees included
- Headsets when attendees are more than 8 persons
- Lunch / Delicious, healty and affordable turkish style places will be recomended in the neighbourhood.
- Private transportation
– Name, number and country are required at time of booking for all participants
– We’ll send you complete details and directions with public transportation, by taxi or walking for departure point.
– Children must be accompanied by an adult
– Dress code is free. However, cover ups and head scarves are provided at the mosques
– Stroller accessible
– The tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
– Please wear comfortable walking shoes
– At least 4 people are required for this activity to take place. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
– This tour will have maximum 12 to15 attendees
– Duration of the tour is about 8 hours, but it might take a bit longer during peak season like summer time or special holidays
Change & Refund Policies
– Free cancellation at least 2 days before the departure time of the event
– Cancellations made after 2 days before the time of the tour will be exposed a cancellation fee of 50%
– To change the type of tour you can cancel and book again an other one
Age Per person
– Adult (15+) EUR 50/ USD 45
– Child (6 to 15) EUR 25/ USD 22.5
– Infant (0 to 6) Free