Places to visit in Istanbul firstly, Hagia Sophia Museum, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar.
What kind of experience?
– Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Hagia Sophia Museum, Topkapi Palace, Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar
– Departure Time: 9:00 am
– Meet up your friendly guide at departure point
Let’s start to see the places to visit in Istanbul
Sultanahmet district is home to the Istanbul’s best-known and worth seeing landmarks.
The magmificiant Hagia Sophia, the former church and the greates legacy of the Byzantine Empire, is now a museum. For almost thousand years,it was the largest enclosed space in the world, designed to impress the strenght and wealth of Byzantine emperors.
The complex was once the heart of the powerful Ottoman Empire. It was both the symbolic and political centre of the Otomans for nearly four centuries. You will see the daily life of the Sultan and his family as well as Ottoman art culture.
It is another fabulous Ottoman relic which is also known as “Sultanahmet Camii” nearby the Topkapi Palace. Name of the Blue Mosque derives from the thousands of beautiful tiles adorning its interior. Its instantly recognizable six minaretes, imposing bulk and prominent position on the Istanbul skyline make it one of the most famous monuments in the city.
Basilica Cistern is also known as the Sunken Cistern. İt was part of a superb water-supply system that ran right across İstabul.
The place where chariots raced and mos rioted, is one of the oldest monuments in the city. The arena of the Hippodrome, formerly the cultural focus of the Byzantine Empire, is the Square of Horses (At Meydanı) today.
The Grand Bazaar is also known as “Kapalı Çarşı (Covered Bazaar)” in turkish. It is the prototype of today’s modern shopping malls, and is the best-known and largest historic covered bazaar in the world.
Also, Museum of Turkish and Islamic Art, Divan Yolu where is the main way from Sultanahmet to Beyazit, Milion Stone, Cemberlitas Column, Nuruosmaniye Camii(Mosque of Sacred Light) which is the first and most imressive of the city’s european-influenced, baroqe style mosque, are some of the other known places and monuments on our way at same area.
- Private guide to feel the story and city like a local
- All entrance fees included
- Headsets when attendees are more than 8 persons
- Lunch / Delicious, healty and affordable turkish style places will be recomended in the neighbourhood.
- Private transportation
– Name, number and country are required at time of booking for all participants
– We’ll send you complete details and directions with public transportation, by taxi or walking for departure point.
– Children must be accompanied by an adult
– Dress code is free. However, cover ups and head scarves are provided at the mosques
– Stroller accessible
– The tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
– Please wear comfortable walking shoes
– At least 4 people are required for this activity to take place. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
– This tour will have maximum 12 to15 attendees
– Duration of the tour is about 8 hours, but it might take a bit longer during peak season like summer time or special holidays
Change & Refund Policies
– Free cancellation at least 2 days before the departure time of the event
– Cancellations made after 2 days before the time of the tour will be exposed a cancellation fee of 50%
– To change the type of tour you can cancel and book again an other one
Age Per person
– Adult (15+) EUR 50/ USD 45
– Child (6 to 15) EUR 25/ USD 22.5
– Infant (0 to 6) Free